Sunday 9 September 2012

Broken Bones


Hello my little men :) I will put your magazines in the post on Wednesday, OK?

I hope that you are having a fantastic weekend, getting up to lots of fun things, and getting ready for school tomorrow - good luck to you Joe, I am VERY pleased that you have found such a really good school, where you will learn and play with many other children.

I have to look after someone who has broken their left ankle and leg, both at the ankle and top and bottom of the fibula. It was a very painful accident, they had to have Morphine from the ambulance men, , and they are now in a great deal of pain. They get Paracetamol and Codine for the pain, and the leg is in a pink plaster cast. They had to have their ankle operated on and plated and screwed back together....

It's a very serious way to break your leg, and will take a few weeks to heal. Because it has the broken ankle with it, no weight can be put on the bad leg.

So that means the person has to be very reliant on other people to get to the toilet, get food and so forth, to get up and down stairs. It takes me seven hours to come and see you, and spend a couple of hours with you, and I can't leave them for that long, and I have no-one to leave there instead of me.



 When their leg is better we will have a special day up with you both and Mum, when I get the earliest train I can, and we will have a bread baking and burger eating day :)




No comments:

Post a Comment